Like many other small businesses the Vegas Sweet Shoppe had slot machines that were installed in the earliest days of legalized gaming. In his book, Roll the Bones, “© 2013 David G. Schwartz” writes that the Vegas Sweet Shoppe was licensed by the Las Vegas City Commission for 17 slot machines in 1931,
while Boulder Drug was licensed for 8 machines on June 29, 1931.
Helldorado Days Parade in the 1930's
Jim and George Pappas added 50 new slot machines to the White Spot Cafe and renamed it the "White Spot Cafe and Arcade" in 1949 as reported in the Talk O' The Town magazine in October 28, 1949 issue.