The management of the Apache Coffee Shop held a contest to rename the Apache Indian Village, located in the basement and announced the new name at it’s formal opening, June 25, 1932. IndianPrincess Rose Marie, an employee of the hotel who dressed in Indian garb,awarded a cash prize of $25 tov Thomas Wilson for the new name, “Kiva Club”. The new cabaret below the Hotel Apache was a roaring success and a number of couples were turned away at the opening. The new club was designed as an Indian Village and the main activities included dining, dancing, and entertainment.
Soon after, gaming would occur including keno. It is not known why but the Kiva Club would change it’s name to the Kiva Caberet by March of 1934 and then to the Apache Night Club by May of 1934. It is believed that the Apache Night Club was also referred to in later years as the ‘Pache Club'.